I adore quick and easy meals, but sometimes to achieve real flavour and taste some elbow grease and hard work has to take place.
But an even simpler way to do this is…………
DRUM ROLL PLEASE
Taking a couple of minutes to marinate meats, fish, soy products and vegetables can bring the flavours and texture to a whole new level.
So if you want to find out more and see how quick and easy the marinade is to rustle up, then you can find the full recipe below.
Herby Chicken Skewers with Charred Soy & Lime Baby Corn & Avocado
- 300g fresh chicken breast strips
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 100g baby corn
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 lime
- 1/2 avocado
- 3 handfuls lambs lettuce
- 2 tablespoons sour cream dip
- Sriracha sauce (optional)
- 2 flatbreads
- Skewer chicken breast onto skewers: as pictured below.
- Sprinkle paprika, oregano, garlic powder, black pepper and salt all over the skewers.
- Drizzle Olive oil over and make sure each skewer is coated.
- Squeeze the juice of half a lime over.
- Cover with tinfoil.
- Chill in fridge for 2-4 hours, or overnight.
- Remove from fridge.
- Roast in oven for 15 minutes at 180°C (Gas mark 4)
- Wash the baby corn, add to a small pyrex dish.
- Pour soy sauce, lime juice and garlic powder over.
- Roast in oven for 10 minutes on 180°C (gas mark 4).
- Remove the chicken skewers and baby corn.
- Toast 2 flatbreads and slice up the avocado.
- Share the chicken, baby corn, avocado between the two flatbreads.
- Garnish with sour cream, Sriracha sauce and lambs lettuce.
You could use salmon, prawns, pork or tofu and the marinade will work wonderfully with them too.
The combination of lime, soy and smoky herbs teamed with the crunchy corn is truly a delight.
The perfect Summer dish.
Do you think you may try?