Anything that involves pastry well I am there with my knife and fork, ready to dive in head first!
I rustled up these Roasted Vegetable, Feta & Balsamic Tart’s at the weekend.
The combination or flaky pastry, creamy feta and sharp balsamic glaze were a match made in heaven.
This recipe is fool proof and no cooking skills are required in anyway.
It took me around 10 minutes to prepare, and then around 12-15 minutes to cook in the oven.
If you fancy giving this recipe a whirl, then look no further.
Roasted Vegetable, Feta & Balsamic Tart Recipe
- 1 red pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 courgette
- Handful of spinach
- 1 block of feta cheese
- 1 bunch of parsley
- Balsamic Glaze
- One sheet of Puff Pastry
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 lemon
- Chop the red onion, courgette and red pepper into bite sized chunks.
- Fry on a medium heat for 5-7 minutes and add the Olive oil, garlic and oregano.
- Roll out a sheet of puff pastry and cut into six even squares.
- Chop feta cheese into small cubes.
- Smear a little Olive oil on a flat baking tray and add the six pastry squares.
- Leave around a 5cm gap between each.
- Add a tablespoon of the red onion, courgette and red pepper and place in the middle of each pastry square.
- Add a couple of leaves of spinach and 4-5 chunks of feta cheese.
- Bake in the oven at 180°C (gas mark 4) for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the and oven transfer with a fish slice to a large chopping board or plate.
- Drizzle balsamic glaze over each one, a little lemon juice and a sprinkling of parsley.
I served with a side salad and a sprinkling of chilli flakes, it was truly delicious.
This recipe is so easy to make and the perfect dish now the warmer months are here.
You can use any vegetables or cheese you like, and maybe even add a little smoked pancetta or parma ham?
Do you like the look of this recipe?
Do you think you may try?