This weekend me and my little rascal had an Easter themed Saturday at home.
We decorated the house with some Easter themed bits and bobs, done a load of Easter crafts, and made these delicious Coconut & Chocolate Mini Egg Nests.
I absolutely adore anything coconuty, and these little beauties are so easy to make and taste delicious.
Coconut & Chocolate Mini Egg Nests Recipe
- 300g sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 eggs
- 100ml coconut milk
- 100g plain milk chocolate
- 24 mini eggs
- To a bowl add the flaked coconut, eggs and coconut and stir well.
- To a muffin tin add 2 spoonfuls of the coconut, and with a teaspoon pat in the middle to make a small well.
- Bake in the oven on 160 degrees (gas mark 4) for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool for 20 minutes.
- Add two cups of water to a pan and simmer.
- Place a bowl in the pan to make a bain marie.
- Add the chocolate and melt.
- With a spoon slowly slide the nests from the tin.
- Add a small spoonful of chocolate.
- Place in the fridge for 20 minutes to cool.
- Then add two mini eggs to each nest.
Now it is time to pop the kettle on make a cuppa, and enjoy.
I am so impressed with how this recipe worked out and only 5 ingredients were needed.
It was so easy, quick and lots of fun.
Do you like the look of these Coconut & Chocolate Mini Egg Nests?
Do you think you may try?
Tags : food