I rustled this up on Saturday using a bunch of leftovers, and oh Lord it was absolutely delicious.
It took around 20 minutes to prepare and there was empty plates all around.
Chicken Hotpot Recipe:
- 300g diced chicken breast
- 100g peas
- 100g finally chopped carrots
- 100g mushrooms
- 1 red onion
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons white flour
- 150g Maris Piper potatoes
- To a frying pan add Olive oil, mushrooms, onions, garlic and chicken and fry on a medium heat.
- After 5-7 minutes add a couple of tablespoons of flour over the mushrooms, onion, chicken and garlic.
- Stir all together and add the Soy Sauce, Worcestershire sauce, a cup and a half of water and chicken stock cube and stir well.
- Add the peas and carrots.
- Wash and thinly slice the potatoes into thin (1cm) disks.
- Transfer the chicken hot pot to a pyrex dish and place the potatoes on top.
- Add a drizzle of Olive oil and oregano over the top.
- Cook in oven at 180°C (gas mark 4) for 25 minutes.
It is such a comforting hearty dish. This served around two big portions or three medium size portions.
You could ditch the chicken and add a veggie alternative like Quorn or more vegetables.
Do you think you may try?