In our house we always have bags and bags of oats, and lately I have been trying to get a little creative with them.
I love these type of recipes as they are so easy and quick, and the little people love getting involved.
The combination of apricot, almond and dark chocolate is truly superb.
They taste incredible!
Apricot, Almond & Dark Chocolate Slices Recipe
- 350g rolled oats
- 20 dried apricots
- 60g almonds
- 1 jar of honey
- 1 teaspoon of all spice
- 5 pieces of dark chocolate. (Melted)
- To a bowl add the oats, almonds, and honey and give it a good stir until all are combined.
- To a flat baking tray add a sheet of baking paper.
- Pour the mixture out onto it and flatten into a rectangle shape with a spatula.
- Press the apricots into the oats and make sure they are distributed evenly.
- Bake in the oven at 180°C (gas mark 4) for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, leave to cool and cut into slices.
- Little legs insisted we cut them into pizza slice shapes, but you do you.
- Add around 4 cups of boiling water into a pan add a bowl into it to make a bain marie.
- Add the chocolate and melt on a low heat.
- Drizzle the chocolate evenly over all the slices.
Around the edges may get a little burnt throughout the cooking process as the surface area is a little thinner.
So just cut these bits away, and all will be good!
They are so beautiful with a cuppa, and can be popped in the freezer for a rainy day.
They are chewy, sweet and the bitterness of the dark chocolate really brings all the flavours together wonderfully.
Do you like the look of these?