The best day of the week. After my morning run and a deep clean of the house I usually settle down around 11.30-12 before we head out for the day, and eat all the food!
This is such an easy and yummy one dish kind of meal and the smoked paprika and Cajun spice adds a wonderful warmth and spice to the eggs and vegetables.
So let’s get cracking!
Vegetable Huevos Rancheros Recipe
- 4 Free- range eggs
- 50g broad beans
- 1 tin of kidney beans
- A mixture of tender-stem broccoli, asparagus and mange tout. (50g of each.
- 1 tablespoon Cajun spice
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt & Pepper
- To around ovenproof dish, add the tinned tomatoes, paprika, Cajun spice, garlic, Worcestershire sauce.
- Add kidney beans, broad beans, asparagus, mange tout, asparagus.
- Crack four eggs around the perimeter of the dish. (As pictured).
- Bake in the oven for 15 -20 minutes at 18°C (gas mark 4).
- Remove dish from oven.
- Serve with low-fat greek yoghurt and toasted flatbreads.
This is such an easy yummy, one dish breakfast/brunch meal.
All the flavours work wonderfully together, and it is the type of dish that you can chuck in any veg you may have laying about.
Do you like the look of this?