There are a couple of things I adore about the colder months, and one of them is a heartwarming, homemade meal.
I have cooked a lot of curries over my time, but this is by far my favourite recipe.
It’s a simple recipe to follow, it takes no more than twenty minutes to rustle up.
You can add whatever you like into it, this curry sauce would work with any meats or vegetables that take your fancy.
Let’s get cracking.
Chickpea & Butternut Squash Curry Recipe:
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- 100g frozen or fresh butternut squash (cut into cubes)
- 1 tablespoon of Cumin
- 1 tablespoon of Tumeric
- 1 tablespoon of Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 4 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 whole onion chopped
- 100g mushrooms
- Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoon low-fat natural yoghurt.
- Organic Veg stock cube
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Agarve syrup
- A bunch of fresh coriander
- To a roasting tray add the cubed butternut squash cover with a tablespoon of olive oil, and roast for 20 minutes at 180 degrees.
- To a frying pan add the chopped onion, sliced mushrooms, crushed garlic and Olive oil, fry on a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cumin, turmeric, garam masala, chilli flakes over the onions and mushrooms.
- After 30 seconds add the tinned tomatoes, vegetable stock cube, and agarve syrup.
- Simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes
- Turn the hob off, and add the natural yoghurt, a handful of chopped coriander and stir.
- Remove the butternut squash from the oven and add to the curry.
- Serve with rice, or whatever you fancy.
So there you have it, a super simple tasty yummy meal.
I have added a quick video below showing you just how quick and simple it really is to make.
What is your favourite type of curry?
Tags : food