Rice pudding brings along feelings of nostalgia.
A retro and well loved dessert, it was a firm favourite in our house.
In the Winter months after the obligatory Sunday night bath, a hot piping bowl of rice pudding with a dollop of strawberry jam was waiting for us at the dinner table.
I love a Sunday night treat, be it a foodie treat or a pamper treat, it’s the perfect way to round off the weekend.
This recipe is super simple, as my trusty slow cooker does all the hard work.
Almond Rice Pudding with Berry Compote:
- 250g Pudding Rice
- 200ml Almond Milk
- 5 tablespoon Agave Syrup
- 2 tablespoon mixed spice
- 100g frozen mixed fruit
- To a slow cooker add the pudding rice, almond milk, 3 tablespoons of Agave syrup and two tablespoons of mixed spice.
- Give it a good stir and leave on low for 2 hours, checking every half an hour and stirring.
- Add more milk when desired and mix.
- Add the frozen berries to a pan and 2 tablespoons of agarve syrup and simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Ladle the rice pudding into bowls and spoon the berry sauce over.
Do you like the look of it?
I love rustling this up on Sunday afternoon, letting it cook slowly and tucking in of an evening, snuggling on down with a good movie on.
If you give it a whirl let me know, I would love to know what you think.