I am super excited to share this recipe with you all today.
It’s so easy to make, and tastes absolutely incredible.
The combination of the cajun spice and mixed beans, are a match made in heaven.
The addition of the pickled red cabbage adds colour, crunch and a delicious sharp and tangy oomph to the burger!
So let’s get cracking….
Cajun Bean Burger with Pickled Red Cabbage Recipe
- 2 tins of mixed beans.
- 1 tablespoon of cajun spice.
- 2 cloves of garlic.
- Juice of one lemon.
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tablespoon of sweet chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon of salt & pepper.
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of dried parsley
- 2 Burger Buns
- 6 tablespoons of pickled red cabbage (I used from a jar)
- 2 tablespoons of Hellmann’s Light Mayonnaise
- Mixed salad leaves.
- To a bowl add the beans, cajun spice, garlic, onion, lemon, sweet chilli sauce, egg, dried parsley and salt and pepper.
- Mix all together, and mash them with a potato masher until combined together.
- Split the mix into half and mould into a patty style burger shape.
- Add a teaspoon of Olive Oil to a frying pan and fry each patty on a medium heat for around 2-4 minutes on each side, turning over occasionally.
- Toast the two burger buns lightly.
- Add the salad leaves and mayonnaise to the burger bun.
- Add the bean burger on top, and spoon on the pickled red cabbage.
The pickled red cabbage works wonderfully alongside the smoky cajun bean burger and mayonnaise.
It is a really tasty, simple and yummy recipe.
Do you think you may try?
*Products featured on Allure La Vie may be press samples or gifted items, please visit my Disclaimer for more information.
*This post may contain affiliated links.