Chicken Noodle Soup is a firm favourite in our household.
I must admit i tend to only make it in the colder months.
I decided to make a version that was a little more Summer friendly and oh my gosh, it worked out so well.
I used loads of cheats ingredients that included; pre-made stir fry and ready made Thai paste.
Yes i could have made all the above from scratch, but in all honesty i couldn’t be bothered.
It is still tonnes healthier than a ready meal or take-away, as it is packed with so many fresh and nutritional ingredients.
So let’s get cracking.
Chicken Noodle Summer Bowl Recipe
- 250g diced chicken
- 120g dried egg noodles
- Half a tin of half-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of green Thai paste
- 1 head of pak choi
- Half a bag of mixed stir-fry
- 3 spring onions (sliced thinly)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- Chilli flakes
- To a frying pan add the chicken, soy sauce and garlic and cook on a medium heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Turn the chicken over regularly to ensure it is cooked through.
- Fill a pan with boiling water, and cook the noodles as stated on the packet.
- Add the mixed stir-fry to the boiling water, 2 minutes before the noodles are cooked.
- To a wok or large frying pan add the noodles and stir-fry, coconut milk, and thai paste and stir well.
- Simmer on low for 2 minutes.
- Wash and separate the pak choi leaves, and simmer in boiling hot water, on a low heat for 1 minute.
- Ladle the noodles and sauce into a large bowl, add the chicken and pak choi.
- Add sprinkling of sesame seeds over the chicken and then garnish with spring onion, chillis and coriander. (All optional).
If you are veggie, then ditch the chicken and maybe add some tofu.
This is a really tasty meal, and makes a great alternative to a take-away.
Do you think you may try?