Breakfast cereal and chicken, sounds a bit funky doesn’t it?
But I assure you it’s super tasty.
I reviewed Slims Pork Chop Express a couple of months ago, and I was desperate to recreate their Cornflake Chicken recipe at home.
It just tasted so good! The crunchy cornflakes worked so wonderfully with the moist tender chicken.
My little rascal loved getting involved, bashing and sprinkling the cornflakes over the chicken.
(Plus they beat a Birdseye Frozen Chicken Nug any day of the week).
So here goes….
Cornflake Chicken Recipe
- 100g Cornflakes
- 150g chicken sliced into 3cm strips.
- 100ml buttermilk
- 2 eggs (whisked)
- 1 lemon
- Baking paper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- To a bowl add the buttermilk, eggs, lemon and strips of chicken.
- Marinate for 2 hours.
- Add the cornflakes to a sheet of baking paper.
- Take a strip of chicken and place on the cornflakes, coat and transfer to a new sheet of baking paper on a baking tray.
- Repeat till all the chicken strips are coated.
- Cook in an oven at 18°C Gas mark 4, for 25 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley & lemon juice. (Optional)
You can serve with an array of dips like i did, pop in a wrap or add to a salad, the possibilities are endless.
If you are veggie you could use strips of courgette, and follow the same process.
Do you think you may give it a whirl?