The best part of Autumn is cosy nights in, fact!
I love having family and friends around, fire on, watching TV, listening to some music. Candles lit, and all the food.
Last weekend me and my friend got in our PJ’s, face masks on, and binge watched Stranger Things.
Below are some of the dishes i cooked. They are perfect as they can be made before hand, they take little time, and taste absolutely delicious.
Perfect for a cosy night in.
Blackened Honey & Lime Chicken Legs:
- 1kg chicken legs.
- 3 tablespoons of good quality honey.
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of dried thyme and oregano.
- 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon of black pepper
- To a bowl add the honey, lime juice, soy sauce, paprika and black pepper. Stir well.
- Add the chicken wings to a roasting tray, and pour the marinade over.
- You can leave overnight, for a couple of hour, or cook straight away.
- Put the dish in the oven, and cook for 45 minutes on 160°, Gas mark 3.
- Check after 20 minutes and spoon the sauce over and shake the dish.
- Eat hot or cold.
Roasted Root Veg:
- 4 carrots
- 200g butternut squash
- 2 red onions
- 2 courgettes
- 2 tablespoons of Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of mixed herbs
- Cut the vegetables except the courgettes into chunks. Around 3cm by 3cm.
- Add to a roasting tray, and sprinkle the mixed herbs over, and pour the olive oil over.
- Roast in an oven for 45 minutes on 160°, gas mark 3.
- 15 minutes in, slices the courgettes into strips and add to the baking tray. Roast for a further 25 minutes.
- Remove and serve.
Winter Walnut Slaw:
(Hack: You can buy bags of coleslaw mix to save time)
- Grated carrot
- Grated purple cabbage
- Grated red onion
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of creme fraiche
- Juice of one lemon
- 10 walnuts
- Salt & pepper
- Teaspoon of chilli flakes. (Optional).
- Mix all of the above together in a bowl, and sprinkle crushed walnuts over.
As you can see, it all looked super tasty and i can confirm it was.
Do you like the sound of these dishes? What is your favourite?