The idea for this recipe popped into my head when I was Hank Marvin, mooching around in my fridge trying to create a quick and healthy dinner.
Not all recipe experiments go to plan at Casa La Vie so I am thrilled that this spare of the moment idea, wasn’t an epic fail.
As always the recipe is easy, quick and above all super tasty.
Tasty Stuffed Turkey Breast with Sautéed Runner Beans.
- 2 turkey steaks
- 2 slices of light mozzarella
- 2 basil leaves
- Teaspoon crushed chilli flakes (optional)
- 2 pieces of parma ham
- 60g shredded runner beans (I purchased mine from M&S)
- Sea salt (teaspoon)
- Tablespoon of balsamic glaze
- Place 2 pieces of parma ham on a chopping board and then turkey steaks on top of the parma ham.
- Add a piece of mozzarella, 1 basil leaf, and some chilli flakes. (Optional).
- Roll the parma ham and turkey up.
- Image below shows to the right the steak before it has been rolled, and the left shows it after it has been rolled.
- Place the 2 pieces in a pyrex dish, and add to the oven on 180°C or Gas mark 4 – for 20 minutes.
- To a frying pan, add a splash of water (around 2 tablespoons) and heat the shredded runner beans on a low heat for around 5-7 minutes.
- Season with rock salt.
- After 15 – 20 minutes check on the stuffed turkey. There will be some meat juices in the pyrex dish, spoon this over the runner beans.
- To double check that the turkey is cooked place a skewer in the centre and make sure the juices are running clear.
- Plate up the greens, slice the turkey rolls in half, and place on top of the runner beans.
- Add a drizzle of balsamic glaze all over, and tuck in.
The crispy parma ham teamed with the soft turkey steak, and creamy mozzarella is total perfection.
Also runner beans have a high fibre content, which helps your body absorb vital nutrients.
( Don’t forget to coat the runner beans in the stock, this takes this dish to the next level.)
Do you think you may try?