My meals of late have been super simple. I have had a very busy couple of weeks, so spending time in the kitchen hasn’t been my top priority.
In general quick, easy and tasty meals are my all time favourite. This Mexican Salmon Salad dish has been my go to dinner for a couple of weeks. You know when you become obsessed with a certain meal? Well this is it.
Mexican Salmon Salad
- 1 piece of salmon
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of cajun spice
- Juice of one lime
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- Half an avocado
- 2 tablespoons of sweetcorn
- Salt & pepper
- Add the salmon to a piece of tinfoil.
- To a bowl add the juice of one lime, soy sauce, cajun spice and mix.
- Pour over the salmon, and place in an oven at 180°C (gas mark 4). Cook for 12 minutes.
- Chop cherry tomatoes, avocado and add the sweetcorn to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- After 12 minutes open the foil so the salmon is exposed to the heat, and cook the for a further 3 minutes.
- Transfer to the bowl with the salad on.
- Tuck in.
As you can see this recipe is super simple, but the flavours work so well together. It’s a quick and easy dish that is perfect for this time of year.
It takes around 20 minutes from start to finish, and just double the ingredients if you want to make this for two people.