Creamy mushrooms is probs my favourite veggie dish. They are so tasty and indulgent. I also love a good crepe, to make this a little lighter and more savoury I made the crepes with eggs. They was delicious, light and they complimented the mushrooms perfectly.
- 150g small mushrooms
- 4 eggs
- Half a cup of milk (any type)
- 1 tub of garlic & herb Philadelphia
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon of dried thyme
- Fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon of low-fat cheese
- 1 teaspoon of chilli flakes (optional)
- Salt & Pepper
- Tablespoon of olive oil
- To a jug crack four eggs in, whisk and add half a cup of milk and salt and pepper.
- Slice the mushrooms in half, and add some olive oil to a frying pan. Add the mushrooms and fry on a low heat.
- To another small non-stick frying pan, add olive oil and ladle a thin layer of the egg mixture in.
- Cook on a low heat and with a spatula keep going around the edges.
- After a minute or so, using a fish slice, slide it under the crepe and flip.
- Then cook for one minute.
- Remove from heat and continue till the egg mixture is all cooked.
- In between doing this, add garlic, Philadelphia and thyme to the mushrooms and stir heating through on a low heat.
- Place one crepe on a chopping board, and spoon one heaped tablespoon of the mushroom mixture in and roll up.
- Continue this process till all the crepes are full.
- Dice the chives into small pieces, and sprinkle over all the crepes, and delve in.
This is perfect to make on a weekend or when you may have a little more time on your hands. It is so worth taking that little bit extra time rustling it up, as it tastes totally indulgent – all whilst being low in fat and healthy.