Now who doesn’t like chips? Especially on a Monday.
In all fairness I don’t eat them often, but when I do I go all out.
I am a sucker for flavour, and by simply adding some smoked paprika to a good old Maris Piper, well it pimps it to the next level.
Smoky Paprika Chips
4 large Maris Piper Potatoes
2 tablespoons smoked paprika
3 tablespoons of Olive Oil
Tablespoon of Salt
Tablespoon of Pepper
1) Peel the potatoes and slice in half longways. Pre-heat the oven to 200oC/ Gas Mark 6.
2) Cut off the rounded ends, and then cut the potatoes into 1cm thick chip style wedges.
3) Place the potatoes into a pan and cover with boiling water for 10 minutes. (Helps to remove potato starch and promote crispiness)
4) Sieve the potatoes, and add to a baking tray.
5) Sprinkle over the paprika, salt and pepper and pour over the olive oil.
6) Coat the potatoes to ensure each one is covered with all the above.
7) Place in the oven, and cook for 40 minutes. (I usually give them a little shake after 20 minutes, to prevent them sticking to the dish).
8) Remove from oven and serve with the below.
The tomato chilli chutney recipe is here
I doubled up on the chips recipe, and froze them for a rainy day.
As usual an easy peasy recipe, and it hands down beats a Maccie D’s chip any day of the week.
Do you think you may try?