I made this dish the weekend just gone, and I swear to Lucifer, it was absolutely delicious.
The chilli and lime peas really pimped it to the next level, they was so easy to make too.
The mixture made around 10 fishcakes, that I froze, reheated, and feasted on through the week.
Such a quick and easy dish to create.
So as always, I had to share.
2 tins of salmon
150g maris piper potatoes
Half a bunch of chopped fresh dill
2 thinly sliced spring onions
2 tablespoons of flour
Salt & pepper
Creamy Chilli & Lime Peas.
100g frozen peas
2 tablespoons of low fat crème freice
1 teaspoon of chilli flakes
Salt & pepper
1) Peel and chop the potatoes, and boil in a pan with water, on a medium heat.
2) To a mixing bowl add the salmon, dill, spring onions, juice of one lemon, egg and mix together,
3) When the potatoes are boiled, drain the water, season with salt and pepper and mash.
4) Add the mash to the salmon mixture, and mix all ingredients well.
5). Dust two tablespoons of flour on a chopping board, then lightly scoop a handful of the salmon mixture and mould into a fishcake shape on the board ,with your hands.
6) Add a sheet of baking paper to a flat baking tray and carefully transfer the fishcakes to it.
7) If some come apart a little, just remould with your hands.
8) Add to the oven on 180oC (gas mark 5) and cook for 15 minutes, then flip over and cook for another 15 minutes.
9) Whilst the fishcakes are cooking, add the peas to some boiled water, In a pan, and simmer on a low heat for 3 minutes.
10) Drain the peas, and add the crème freice, juice of one lime, chilli flakes, salt and pepper, and lightly mash the mix together.
Everything is ready to go. I find 2 fishcakes is enough per person, and the rest can be frozen.
Do you think you may try?