It is fair to say I go pumpkin mad the whole of October. Even though the majority of dishes I knock up with pureed pumpkin are sweet, this savoury dish is pure comfort food – and a mixture of fresh pumpkin and pureed.
The idea popped in my head driving home last week, and I am so happy with the way it turned out.
- Half a tin of pureed pumpkin (eBay or Amazon stock it)
- 100g of garlic and herb Philadelphia
- 100ml of boiled water
- 1 vegetable stock
- Teaspoon dried thyme
- 60g spaghetti
- 100g of chopped (cubed) fresh pumpkin
- 1 thinly slice red onion
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Tablespoon of fresh thyme
1) Add the chopped pumpkin, red onion and olive oil to a roasting tray, and roast on 180oC, or gas mark 5 – for 25 minutes.
2) To a pan add all the pumpkin sauce ingredients, and mix together until a smooth sauce consistency is achieved.
3) Simmer on a low heat for around 10 minutes.
4) To a pan add the pasta and add boiled water, simmer on a low heat for 5 minutes.
5) Mix the pasta in with the pumpkin sauce, and transfer to a plate.
7) Add the roasted pumpkin and onion on top of the pasta, and sprinkle the thyme over.
This is ultimate comfort food, so easy and quick to make.
You could use courgetti instead of pasta if you wanted to reduce the carbs.
It was so tasty. Do you think you may try?