Being a right little piggy at the weekends, I then try and lighten up my whole diet through the week.
I made a big batch of this Pea, Mint & Avocado Soup last-night, and I plan to have it for lunch, at work. It took 5 minutes to make, and teamed with some Crackerbreads with cream cheese on, well I have a feeling that I ain’t gonna feel one tiny bit deprived.
Pea, Mint & Avocado Soup Recipe
- 200g of frozen peas
- 1 avocado
- A handful of fresh mint
- 1 vegetables stock cube
- 1 and a half pints of water
- Salt & Pepper
1) Pour the peas and water into a pan, and simmer for 3 minutes, with the stock cube.
2) Slice the avocado, and add to a food blender.
(Smoothie blender will also suffice).
3) To the blender add the peas, salt & pepper and fresh mint. Blend for a minute.
(May have to do it in 2 batches).
4) Serve, I add some of the peas, mint and a little sliced chilli, as I like a bit of heat.
This is such a Summer friendly soup, as it doesn’t feel heavy, or stodgy. It just tastes, creamy, delicious and is so, so refreshing.
Do you think you may try?