I am going through a stage of putting feta cheese in, and on everything. These were an experiment as I just love burger type dishes. You always feel so full and happy after :o)
I decided to substitute the meat for feta, and lighten up the whole recipe by added grated courgette and cauliflower to bulk them out. So they ain’t actually burgers more of a fritter – but still so, so tasty.
- 1 large courgette
- Half a head of cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- 70g of feta cheese
- Tablespoon of smoked Paprika
- Tablespoon of dried Rosemary
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon English mustard
- Salt & pepper
1) Add the cauliflower, courgette, garlic to a blender and use the grate mode till all ingredients are grated.
2) To the mix add two eggs, rosemary, paprika, tomato puree, mustard and salt and pepper.
3) Cube the feta cheese with a sharp knife and carefully mix into the bowl, with all the ingredients.
4) On a large baking tray, add a sheet of baking parchment- and pre-heat grill to a medium heat.
5) With dry hands loosely mould the cauliflower and courgette mix into burger shapes, and place on the baking parchment. My mix made seven, but it depends on what size you want.
6) Grill for 6 minutes on each side, flipping carefully with two spatulas either side of the fritter.
These are so lovely served in a salad bowl with balsamic, in a wrap or with some spicy rice.
The whole batch comes in at 11 SmartPoints, so around 3 SmartPoints per 2 fritters on Weight Watchers, but as always would be perfect for any healthy eating plan you may be following, if any.
Do you think you will try?