It is so easy to eat the same meals we know, and love. Once a week I always try and cook something I haven’t tried before. I also am on a desperate mission to incorporate more fish into my diet, so i came up with this creation.
Serves 2 People
- 2 pieces of cod
- A small handful of chopped fresh thyme
- Half a lemon
- Teaspoon of chilli flakes
- 10 baby tomatoes
- A tin of mixed beans
- Tablespoon of paprika
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- A tablespoon of dried mixed herbs
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- Half a carton of passata
- 10 asparagus spears
- Salt & Pepper
1) Place the cod on some tin foil, enough so you can scrunch the top over it. Add the thyme, lemon, chilli flakes and seasoning.
2) Place in an oven on gas mark 4 or 180 degrees for 15 minutes.
3) To a pan add the beans, paprika, garlic, herbs, tomatoes soy sauce, seasoning and passata. Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
4) After 15 minutes, open the parcels and add the asparagus spears to the cod parcel, cover again and cook for a further 5 minutes.
5) Spoon the bean cassoulet between 2 plates, and then remove the cod parcel from the oven.
6) Place a piece of cod on each plate, and share the asparagus – garnish with a little parsley.
This recipe works out super low on Weight Watchers, at 6 Smart points per portion.
Do you think you will try? Thanks for reading.