One thing I love, and miss so much when following any healthy eating plan is PIE.
I am all over the fact that filo pastry has a lot less fat in, compared to shortcrust and puff pastry.
Filo pastry filled with lots of veggies can be a low-fat and very tasty meal – so give me all the filo.
- 1 piece of filo pastry
- 2 figs
- 50g of Low Fat Feta Cheese
- Balsamic Glaze
- Grated Carrot
- Salt & Pepper
1) Fold one piece of filo pastry over, and slice in half. Top the feta between the two slices and pop in oven for 15 minutes (around 180, or gas mark 4).
2) Slice 2 figs and grate a carrot.
3) Remove tarts, and top with the carrot and fig.
4) Garnish with paprika, salt & pepper, balsamic and parsley.
I use carrot for the crunch, and as it doesn’t have much flavour it lets the gorgeous combination of feta, fig and balsamic do its thang.
On Weight Watchers this comes in at 9 smart points, and are just perfect served with a leafy green and tomato salad.