This is a bit different to my normal posts, but my average readers are women so I thought the majority (I hope), would appreciate a light hearted post like this.
Have you ever watched Gossip Girl is my first question? If yes then high 5, if no then WHY?
For those of you who haven’t it’s a TV series based on the books by Cecily von Ziegesar, about teenagers living on New York`s upper Eastside. They are filthy rich and years ahead of their time, the best way I can describe it to you all, is that’s its a mish mash of Clueless, Cruel Intentions and Sex and The City but wait for it…..DRUMROLL !!! It`s better!
The whole story centres around an anonymous website called Gossip Girl, where the scandal and the every day lives of the main characters are blasted all over it for everyone to see.
Doesn’t sound anything special, (actually it does, it sounds amaze) but after episode one you will be hooked. (Hooked I tell you).
Five things I learned from Gossip Girl,that will now stay with me for LIFE!
1) Always aim to have hair like Serena Van Der Woodsen ALWAYS! (Get a wig if you have to, just do it).
2) Always have the style, wit, humour and attitude of Blair Wardolf! (Queen Bee)
3) Don’t settle for anyone less than Mr Chuck Bass! (The modern day Prince Charming, but BETTER oh and if you can`t find one, well you could just follow him on Twitter and Instagram so you can regularly stalk him and feed your “Chuck” habit, yes it becomes a very serious addiction, so be prepared.)
4) Want something so,so bad? Have the determination of little J . (Even divorce your parents if you have too, gotta do what ya gotta do)
5) Finally eat waffles daily like your names Rufus Humphreys, make it priority that you have a friend who has a loft in Brooklyn that you can escape to when Gossip Girl, (or the window cleaner who you haven’t paid ) has made you their number 1 target.
(Ok Brooklyn’s a bit far so maybe aim for a slightly rougher neighbourhood, that’s a bit nearer to your neck of the woods).
Oh and always,always have beakers of whisky readily available to gulp down when something goes wrong. (OMG how did I nearly forget the whisky?)
I don’t think you can go far wrong if you live by them 5 points!
All the Gossip Girl episodes are available via Netflix, as you can tell I HIGHLY recommend, if you have seen them why not watch again? (You probably are anyways). If not, what are you waiting for?….enjoy!
You know you love me XoXo