Mexican food for me is on another level, the ingredients and spices they use are just on point. I recreated a famous dish that everyone knows, made it low-fat and packed it full of nutritious and tasty ingredients. Please feel free to add meat if you want, but for me it really isn’t needed.
Serves 2 people
- 4 taco shells
- Tin of mixed beans
- 6 pieces of sliced baby corn
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- Tablespoon of Paprika
- Teaspoon Turmeric
Tablespoon mixed dried herbs
- Teaspoon chilli flakes
- Salt & Pepper
- Half a tin of chopped tomatoes
- 60g low fat grated cheese
- Half a Avocado
- 1 lime
- Parsley to garnish
1) Add the mixed beans to a pan with the chopped tomatoes, garlic, turmeric, paprika, chilli flakes,herbs and a teaspoon of salt and pepper, simmer on low for 10 minutes.
2) Add the spinach, and baby corn and cook for a further 2 minutes.
3) Slice half an avocado, and slice a lime in half, and squeeze over the avocado.
4) Load around 3 heaped tablespoons of the bean mix into the 4 tacos, and top with the sliced avocado.
5) Sprinkle cheese, and the chopped parsley all over the tacos – and serve.
The baby corn add a really gorgeous crunch amongst the soft beans and avocado. The lime and parsley adds a fresh and zingy kick to the dish.
It takes around 10 minutes to cook, and for 2 fully loaded tacos on Weight Watchers, it comes in at 10 Smart Points.
Do you think you will try?