Is it just my house, or is there always a mound of left over bananas?
I hate throwing any type of food away, so always try and incorporate them into a recipe.
This is the best one yet. It is just gorgeous.
As usual, low-fat, low sugar and so, so tasty.
Banana, Almond & Chocolate Chip Loaf
- 250g self raising flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 60g chocolate chips
- 60g almonds
- 2 eggs
- Whole juice of one orange
- 3 bananas
1) To a mixing bowl, sieve the flour. Add the 2 eggs and mix. Add 3 overripe bananas, and mash and mix into the flour and eggs.
2) Add the vanilla essence, and orange juice. Add 30g of almonds and 30g of chocolate chips.
3) Place baking parchment in the loaf tin, making sure all sides are covered – just so the loaf doesn’t stick to the tin. Scoop all the mix in to the loaf tin.
4) Bake in the oven for 20 minutes on 180°C or gas mark 4.
5) Remove tin, sprinkle the remainder 30g of almonds, and 30g chocolate chips on top – and bake for a further 10 minutes.
6) Remove from oven, and remove from tin and leave to cool on a wire rack.
For around 30 minutes. When cool, remove and slice into 10 slices.
This is perfect served with fresh yoghurt, and a pile of fruit.
Do you think you may try?