You hungry? I hope so!
Who doesn’t love burgers? Veggie or meat filled -well they hit the spot.
These burgers have a dollop of harissa in which gives a lovely spicy flavour to them, (don’t worry not spicy, spicy mouth on fire) there is also some sundried tomatoes thrown into the mix, to add a lovely sweet flavour – this combo makes these burgers perfect for any palette. As usual, low fat, low sugar – and great taste.
Turkey & Sundried Tomato Burgers
125g lean turkey mince
3 tablespoons of sundried tomatoes
2 pieces wholegrain bread
Half a bunch of parsley
Mixed herbs (tablespoon)
Salt & Pepper
1) Finely slice red onion, and roughly chop parsley and sundried tomatoes. Into a blender add bread and blend on grate option. (Can also buy shop bought breadcrumbs).
2) In to a bowl add, turkey mince, egg, parsley, tablespoon of harissa, sundried tomatoes and breadcrumbs and mixed herbs. Mix all Ingredients with a wooden spoon.
3) Take a dollop of the mixture and roll round hand to make a burger shape. Don’t make the burger too thick, (around 2cm) as they will be burnt on the outside, and uncooked in the middle.
4) Add a teaspoon of olive oil to a frying pan, or dry fry as will have to Smart Point oil used, heat up for 30 seconds and then add the burgers. Cook on each side for 4 minutes on a medium heat.
5) Serve with whatever you want. Burger buns, lettuce buns, a salad, some rice – the choice is yours.
This recipe makes 4 burgers, and they come in at 2 Smart Points per burger – on Weight Watchers.