I tried a really similar dish at my favourite Greek restaurant, it was 100% my inspiration when creating this dish.
This is a rustic and hearty dish, low in fat and simple to make. A great dish to stick in the centre of the table and let people help themselves to.
My Nan and Granddad grow their own fruit and vegetables and gave me a load of fresh tomatoes, and well I could think of a better way to use them.
- 150g of fresh tomatoes
- 100g King prawns
- Smoked Paprika (Tablespoon)
- A whole Garlic (cloves separated and added to the dish with skins on)
- Fresh mint leaves
- Frozen peas (50g)
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil (Tablespoon)
- Soy Sauce (Tablespoon)
- Teaspoon of sugar
- Cheese of your choice, feta or mozzarella is my fave. (60g)
- Roast tomatoes on low for around an hour with a splash of soy sauce, teaspoon of sugar, smoked paprika, clove of garlic bashed up, olive oil, salt and pepper and fresh mint.
- Take out oven and spoon the whole garlic cloves and then add the prawns to the dish, scatter the sliced cheese on top and oven bake for another 20 minutes.
- Take out of oven. Sprinkle some fresh herbs over.
- You could serve with boiled rice, sweet potato wedges. Or with some salad for a light lunch.
Tip: Adding a whole chilli to the dish at the beginning will give the dish a spicy kick and have some fresh bread at hand to mop up the delicious sauce!
Do you think you will try?