HOLY MOLY – STOP THE PRESS!
I spotted some daffodils in the park, and the sunshine making an appearance this weekend.
I felt so inspired to make something fresh, light and my first thought was MEXICAN.
Mexican Chickpea Wrap
- 4 tortilla wraps
- Tin of chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 whole lemon (juice)
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 3 heaped spoons – sweetcorn
- Half a cucumber
- 1 red chilli
- Half a bunch of parsley
- 2 tablespoons of natural yoghurt
- Add the chickpeas to a pyrex dish.
- To a bowl add the olive oil, paprika and fresh garlic.
- Drizzle over the chickpeas and roast in the oven for 30 minutes at 180°C.
- Warm the wraps in the oven for the 3 minutes.
- Remove wraps and chickpeas.
- Place the wraps on a chopping board and add the sweetcorn, cucumber, sliced tomatoes and sliced chilli.
- Spoon the chickpeas over, and add sliced chilli, fresh parsley, lemon juice and dollops of yoghurt.
Roasting the chickpeas gives them a crispy and crunchy texture. Teamed with the smoky paprika, fresh lemon juice and yoghurt – it is the perfect combination of flavours.
As you can see it is super simple to knock together and so yummy.
Do you think you may try?