Dark, wet, windy mornings. Why can’t we all just be allowed to stay in bed, hey?
(ONE CAN DREAM)
But today I have something that could make these dark wet mornings, just a little more bearable.
This recipe tastes absolutely amazing, and the beautiful aroma of freshly cooked porridge engulfs the whole house.
It definitely helps me hop out of bed a little quicker each morning.
The hack is to do this of an evening, and pop in the slow cooker on low overnight.
This is my go to breakfast in winter, and I top with all different types of fruits and nuts.
This recipe is one of my favourites. The tangerines are so zesty and sweet, they work perfectly alongside the creamy porridge and almonds.
Fruity Overnight Porridge Recipe
- 2 cups of oats
- 4 tangerines
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups of milk
- Handful of almonds
- Handful of mixed seeds (optional)
- To a slow cooker add the oats, milk, sugar, the juice of two tangerine and vanilla extract.
- Before you go to bed pop the slow cooker on low.
- In the morning, stir and add the honey.
- Ladle the porridge into two bowls and top with tangerine segments, almonds and mixed seeds.
As you can see it’s such a simple recipe.
And the result is a tasty breakfast that is a little different, and that takes no time at all.
I really adore the slow cooker porridge hack, and highly recommend that you give it a whirl.