I rustled this up last Sunday, basically using up all the leftovers i had in.
Leeks are in season at the moment and i love them, so i have been chucking them in everything.
This dish makes for a great brunch, it takes around 20 minutes from start to finish.
It was so yummy and even my little legs tucked in, giving the big thumbs up!
To save time i used frozen diced onion and garlic it’s always handy to have a back up – if i run out of the fresh option.
- 6 eggs.
- 100ml of milk
- 1 tablespoon of chilli flakes. (Optional).
- 4 rashes of bacon.
- 100g frozen peas
- 1 leek.
- Half an onion.
- 2 cloves of garlic.
- Tablespoon of thyme.
- Salt & Pepper.
- 50g low fat cheddar cheese.
- 10g of parmesan.
- Slices the leeks, onion and bacon into bite size chunks.
- Add the leeks, garlic, thyme and onion to a frying pan, and fry on a medium heat.
- Grill the bacon for 5 minutes on a medium heat.
- To a bowl crack the eggs in, add the milk, salt and pepper and chilli flakes.
- Remove the bacon from the grill, and add to the leeks and onion.
- Add the peas also.
- Line a frying pan with greaseproof paper. (I used tinfoil, as my little rascal has used all mine up, tracing cars).
- Add the leek, onion and bacon, and then pour the egg over.
- Fry on a medium head for 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cheese over, and then grill for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from grill, and greaseproof paper.
- Sprinkle parmesan over, and serve.
I added a crisp side salad, and some mustard. But i feel it would also be perfect with some beans! YUM.
Do you think you may try?
(If you are veggie, ditch the bacon and add some mushrooms).