Chinese take-away is my guilty pleasure (like everyone else right?) but i always feel so bloated and uncomfortable, after I have indulged. I decided last Saturday night to try a fake-away version at home, and well it was a total winner.
Prawn Teriyaki & Cauliflower Rice
- 10 king prawns
- 1 red pepper
- 3 tablespoons of Teriyaki marinade
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- Teaspoon of ginger
- Teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of cornflower
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 120g of cauliflower
- To a bowl, add the prawns, teriyaki marinade, soy sauce, ginger, garlic powder, cornflower and brown sugar and mix all together.
- Slice the red pepper into small strips and to the prawns.
- To a blender add the cauliflower and blend. (Alternatively to can buy this ready-made).
- Add the cauliflower to a pan and cover with boiling water and simmer on a medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- To a frying pan, add the prawn and red pepper mixture and cook in the sauce for 5 minutes.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of water if the sauce becomes thick.
- Transfer the cauliflower rice to a sieve and spoon onto a plate, and spoon the prawn teriyaki over.
Bam, all done. So, so easy and it will only take you 10 minutes to rustle up.