I stumbled across this recipe on Pinterest and I knew I had to try it. I love bread so much, but i always feel so incredibly bloated and uncomfortable after I have indulged, so this seemed like a great alternative.
With just a handful of ingredients, the whole process took around 30 minutes. This batch made 16 cloud breads, and I froze half the batch for a rainy day.
Herby Cloud Bread Recipe
- 6 eggs
- 170g garlic & herb Philadelphia
- Salt and pepper
- Teaspoon of Thyme
- Separate the egg yolk and whites into two separate bowls.
- Whisk the egg whites until they are white, fluffy and stiff.
- Add Philadelphia,thyme, salt and pepper to the bowl with the egg yolks in. Whisk until all the ingredients are mixed together.
- Fold the egg whites into the yolk, Philadelphia, thyme and salt and pepper very lightly, be careful not to knockout to much air.
- To a flat oven tray, place a piece of greaseproof paper on it.
- With a ladle, ladle circles of the mixture onto the greaseproof paper.
- Add to the oven on 160°C or gas mark 3, for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and remove the cloud breads from the greaseproof paper with a fish slice.
- Wait to cool, or eat warm.
I served with some grilled bacon and salad, it was super tasty.
I am really impressed with how this recipe turned out. The cloud bread was light, fluffy, but was also surprisingly filling.
Do you think you may give this a whirl?