A drizzly dull weekend calls for all the comfort food, i was all snug as a bug this Saturday night watching a movie and tucking in to this beauty. It takes around 20 minutes to rustle up, and is comfort food at its best.
I served with pasta but sometimes I also use courgetti, it’s your call.
Creamy Chicken Linguine
- 2 chicken breasts
- 120g of linguine pasta (or 50g of courgetti)
- 150g garlic and herb Philadelphia
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 chicken stock
- 100ml water
- 100g mushrooms
- 50g diced unsmoked streaky bacon
- Salt & pepper
- Olive oil
- To a frying pan add a tablespoon of olive oil, and heat on a low heat.
- Add mushrooms, sliced chicken and crushed garlic.
- Fry for 10 minutes, occasionally moving the chicken and mushrooms around with a wooden spoon.
- Add the chicken stock to a jug and add a 100ml of water.
- Add the Philadelphia to the frying pan, and the stock and stir.
- Simmer on a low heat till the sauce thickens. If it becomes thick, add a splash more water.
- Add the bacon to a frying pan, and fry until crispy.
- Taste, and add salt and pepper to the creamy chicken and mushroom, according to your taste.
- To a pan add the pasta or courgetti, and cook as pack states.
- Drain the pasta or courgetti and add the creamy chicken sauce to it.
- Add to two plates or bowls.
- Cut the bacon, and sprinkle over the dish.
You can garnish with chilli, parmesan or a little thyme.
If you are vegetarian, ditch the meat and add a variety of different mushrooms instead. Mushrooms have a whole range of health benefits, they boost the immune system and help lower cholesterol.
Do you think you may try?