If you follow me over on Instagram I featured a step-by-step rundown of this Chicken Skewer recipe on “My Stories”. It’s super simple and it tasted spectacular. The hardest part was the preparation the day before, and that only took 10 minutes. So yes, super easy.
BBQ Chicken Skewers Recipe
- 300g diced chicken
- Bunch of thyme
- Bunch of coriander
- 1 lemon
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Salt & pepper
- Chilli flakes (optional)
- To a bowl add the olive oil, teaspoon of salt and pepper, juice of one lemon, crushed garlic clove, honey, chilli flakes, chopped coriander and thyme.
- Stir and add the diced chicken, and stir again.
- Cover the bowl with tinfoil and marinade for 2 hours, or preferably overnight.
- Skewer the diced chicken onto the skewers.
- Cook on a BBQ or under the grill until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
It really is the perfect quick summer dish. I served with a tomato and onion salad, with relish, aioli and naan breads.
Do you think you may try?