I picked up this colourful bow pasta in Rome last month and couldn’t resist incorporating it into the most colourful dish I have ever made.
This recipe is quick and easy to make, it is a crowd pleaser and is served in a large dish so everyone can help themselves.
Salmon Pasta Salad
Serves 2 people.
- 2 salmon fillets
- 150g pasta
- Half head of Cauliflower
- 1 red onion (sliced)
- Half a bag of rocket
- 1 large tomato
- 1 tablespoon of chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 lemon (Juice)
- 1 Tablespoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of green pesto
- Salt & Pepper
- 1) To a bowl, add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, chilli flakes, paprika and stir.
- 2) To a large baking dish add the salmon fillets, cauliflower and red onion.
- 3) Pour the olive oil dressing over the salmon, cauliflower and red onion and roast in an oven for 20 minutes at 180oC (Gas mark 6)
- 4) To a pan add the pasta and fill with boiling water until the pasta is cooked (according to the pack).
- 5) Drain the pasta and set to one side, and slice the tomato.
- 6) Add the tomato to the pasta, 2 tablespoons of pesto, the juice of one lemon and a teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- 7) Add the pasta to the dish with the salmon, cauliflower and red onion and gently mix all the ingredients together.
- 8) Sprinkle the rocket all over, and serve.
Colourful pasta or not, this is one tasty dish. I love the mixture of fresh and cooked ingredients.
It takes 25 minutes to cook from start-to-finish and is not hard to make at all.
Do you think you may try?