A couple of weeks ago I wrote all about Gousto ( here ) and I am bringing another tasty recipe from the subscription box company to you today.
I made this recipe as soon as the box arrived and it only took 15 minutes to make and was extremely delicious.
2 large cod fillets
6 mini wraps
1 tablespoon of all spice
1 tablespoon of smoked paprika
10 cherry tomatoes
2 spring onions
1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
1 bunch of coriander
Salt & pepper
1) To a frying pan add the vegetable oil, and heat on low.
2) To a small bowl add a teaspoon of vegetable oil and the all spice, and paprika and stir.
3) Coat the cod in the marinade, and add to the frying pan and cook for around 8-10 minutes turning every couple of minutes.
4) Dice the tomatoes, spring onions, coriander and add to a small bowl.
5) Season with salt and pepper, squeeze lime juice over and mix together.
6) Add the wraps to a flat dish, and place in a warm over for a couple of minutes.
(Around 160oc Gas mark 5).
7) Remove the cod from the frying pan, and the wraps from the oven.
8) Share the cod, and tomato and spring onion salsa evenly between the four wraps.
9) To a small bowl add the mayonnaise and chilli sauce, and mix together.
10) Then dollop it over the wraps, and garnish with coriander.
The recipe suggested that the cod was cooked for longer so it become blackened, but I love my fish really tender and was a little apprehensive it may have been overcooked. The flavour was still there though, and these were truly beautiful and super easy to make.
Do you think you may try Gousto? I think it is really a fantastic way to improve cooking skills and try new foods and recipes.
*Food featured on this post were complimentary.
More information can be found on my Disclaimer here