I had so many onions knocking about, more than was ever needed in one household.
I decided I needed to use them up ASAP, and thought I would try my hand at making Onion Bhajis.
I can not believe how easy and quick they was to make. If you like them, then I would really recommend making them at home. They take around 10 minutes and you only need 6 ingredients.
One being a whole lotta onions.
Onion Bhaji Recipe:
2 free-range eggs
1 tablespoon dried coriander
1 tablespoon of cumin seeds
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1) Thinly slice the onions.
2) To a large glass bowl add the 2 eggs and whisk.
3) Add the onions dried coriander and cumin seeds and mix.
4) Sieve the flour over, and mix together.
5) To a frying pan add the oil and heat for 2 minutes on a medium heat.
6) Take a heaped tablespoon of the onion batter and place in the frying pan.
7) Fry for 2 minutes and then flip over.
8) Continue doing this for another couple of minutes till the bhaji is golden brown.
9) Repeat the above till all the mixture is cooked.
Chilli Tomato Chutney Recipe:
200g sliced tomatoes. (Small chunks)
2 tablespoons of sugar
Salt & Pepper
1 teaspoon of chilli flakes
1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
1) To a pan add all the ingredients and simmer on a medium heat for 20 minutes.
2) Stir and mash every 5 minutes.
3) Spoon into a dish and leave to cool.
Cucumber & Mint Yoghurt Dip
100g of plain yoghurt
1/4 cucumber (diced small).
Half a bunch of mint leaves (roughly chopped).
Juice of one lime.
1) Add the yoghurt to a bowl.
2) Add the cucumber mint and lime juice and mix together well.
I then sliced radishes, spring onions and peeled the leftover cucumber. I added these to mini wraps placed 2 bhajis on each wrap, and garnished with a little sliced red chilli and coriander.
I then spooned a little of the Chilli Tomato Chutney and Cucumber & Mint Yoghurt Over.
And walllaaaa all done.
I think this is one my favourite dishes that I have made in a while, just down to the fact that I had never made onion bhajis at home before, and I can not believe how easy and tasty they was.
Thanks for reading as always.