I love to have meals ready in the freezer for when the lazy bones in me kicks in.
Every month I try and make a big batch of this veggie chilli and freeze it.
It is great added to wraps, rice, cous cous, or in a jacket potato.
It is so quick, easy and cheap to make – plus it tastes ahhhhmazing.
Roasted Red Pepper & Bean Chilli
2 red bell peppers
2 tins of mixed beans
8 cherry tomatoes
2 handfuls of spinach
Half a red onion
1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
2 crushed garlic cloves
Tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
Teaspoon of chilli flakes
Half a lime
Salt & Pepper
Teaspoon of olive oil.
1) Slice the 2 red peppers in half and place on a baking tray on 180oC (gas mark 6) and roast for 15 minutes.
2) To a frying pan add the olive oil, mushrooms, red onion, and tomatoes and fry for 5 minutes on a low heat.
3) Add the beans, passata, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, crushed garlic, chilli flakes, spinach and salt and pepper to the mushrooms, onion and tomatoes, cook on a low heat – stirring occasionally.
4) Removed the red peppers from the oven, and slice into thin strips.
5) Add the bean mix to what ever you fancy, and then add the sliced red peppers on top, and squeeze some lime and sprinkle some coriander over.
The sweetness of the red pepper works so well with the smoky bean chilli.
This serves four, and I usually split the portions into tuppaware and freeze for a rainy day.