HAPPY PANCAKE DAY!
I am going to put it out there, I don’t have a sweet tooth. Shocker I know.
I am so a starter and main meal type of girl, but I rustled these up last weekend and wowzers they was amazing.
The idea just popped into my head that Eton mess and pancakes would be the most perfect combo, and well I wasn’t wrong.
100g plain flour
2 meringue nests
1 pot of low-fat vanilla yoghurt
Mixed berries (70g)
1) To a bowl add the eggs, milk and flour and whisk till a smooth batter is created.
2) Pre-heat a non stick frying pan on a medium. (Or line one with baking paper is a great hack)
3) Ladle the mix into the frying pan so the batter is touching the edges, and it is around 1.5cm thick.
4) Cook for one minute on one side, flip, and do the same on the other side.
6) Place the cooked ones on a plate. Keep going until all the batter is gone.
7) To a bowl crumble 2 meringues, spoon 3 tablespoons of the yogurt in and add the mixed berries and stir.
8) Scoop a tablespoon and place in the centre of the pancake, and roll up.
9) Keep repeating until all pancakes are done.
They are yummy, and so quick to make. I love lining the frying pan with baking paper, as you can easily peel away the pancake, and then flip it over and cook on other side. It really makes for the perfect shaped and all in one piece pancake.
Beats throwing it up in the air, and it sticking to the ceiling any day!
Will you be having pancakes today?