I am pretty obsessed with noodles, I love that they are quick to cook and so indulgent and filling.
Through the week I am forever trying to cut corners and create a tasty and healthy meal.
This dish takes around 15 minutes to cook and as always is SO easy.
I doubled up this recipe, and took the other half to work for my lunch the next day.
Thai Turkey Noodle Bowl
- 3 turkey steaks
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- Tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- 2 nests of wholewheat dried noodles
- Red Thai curry paste
- Half a tin of low fat coconut milk
- Half a lime
- Teaspoon of dried ginger
- Teaspoon of turmeric
- Teaspoon of coriander powder
- Half a pack of stir fry vegetables
- Fresh Coriander
1) To a frying pan add the soy sauce and sliced turkey and fry on a medium heat.
2) Whilst this is cooking to another pan add the noodle nests, cover with boiled water and simmer on low for 3 minutes. Add the stir-fry mix, stir and turn off the heat.
3) Drain the noodles and stir-fry, add 2 tablespoons of red Thai curry paste, ginger, turmeric, coriander powder and half a tin of coconut milk.
4) Simmer on a low heat.
5) Add a tablespoon of honey over the turkey slices and sprinkle a tablespoon of the sesame seeds over. Turn off heat, and lightly with a spoon toss the turkey around the pan.
6) Ladle the noodles into two bowls sharing the noodles, stir-fry and sauce evenly.
7) Place the turkey strips on top of the noodles, squeeze lime juice over and scatter some coriander.
I also added some chilli flakes after this picture was taken, because the spicier the better in my opinion.