I created this dish on a whim using up some bits and bobs I had in, it turned out to be so tasty . – I just had to share.
6 washed Maris Piper Potatoes
100g cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons of Olive oil
3 rashes of streaky bacon
1 red onion
Salt & pepper
Teaspoon smoked paprika
1) Slice vertical inserts into each potato (6-8 times around 3/4 of the way down). And place in a baking dish.
2) Thinly slice the bacon and red onion and fry in a frying pan until crispy.
3) Grate the cheese, and add the bacon, red onion, salt and pepper, and paprika and mix together.
4) In each slice of the potato, stuff a teaspoon of the above filling in it.
Leave 1/4 of the filling to one side.
5) Repeat till all slices in the potatoes are stuffed.
6) Drizzles with olive oil, and place in the oven on 200℃ (Gas mark 6) for 25 minutes.
7) Remove the potatoes, and sprinkle the remainder of the topping over, and serve.
(Optional: Garnish with parsley or chilli flakes)
I served the potatoes with some BBQ chicken and coleslaw, and froze the other half of the batch -ready for a quick meal after work.
I always find I have way to many potatoes in, and this recipe is the perfect way to utilise them.