I HEART curry.
I made this in the slow cooker and it was absolutely perfect.
It was left to cook on low for 8 hours, and the results were magnificent.
The prep takes around 10 minutes, and then the slow cooker does all the hard work.
The cucumber, lime and mint salad freshens the whole dish up, also adding a delicious crunch.
- 4 pieces of cod
- 1 thinly sliced red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Thumb size of sliced root ginger
- 2 tablespoons of garam masala
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1.5 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 50g green beans
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 1 lime
- 100g rice
- 5 cardamom pods
- To a frying pan add a tablespoon of olive oil add the sliced onion, ginger and garlic – cook on a low heat.
- After 3 minutes add the garam masala, turmeric, coriander powder, cumin and stir for one minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the frying pan, and simmer on low. After a while the sauce will turn darker as the sugars from the tomatoes start to emerge. Add the chilli powder at the point.
- To a slow cooker dish add the pieces of cod and then pour the sauce over.
- Leave on a low heat. I usually leave all day, so around 8 hours.
- 10 minutes before serving add the sliced green beans to the casserole dish, salt, sugar and stir.
- Add 100g of rice to a pan and pour 2 cups of boiled water over and add the cardamon pods.
- Cook as stated on pack (usually around 8 minutes).
- Peel half a cucumber, squeeze half a limes juice over, and mix some mint leaves in.
- Share the rice between 2 bowls, and the cucumber salad.
- Add 2 pieces of cod to each bowl and ladle the sauce over.
- Squeeze a dash more lime over, and garnish with fresh red chilli and coriander.
This is a super tasty dish, let me know if you try it.