With Autumn in full swing, I crave all the hot foods. This soup is easy and fast to make. Perfect in a plastic container and reheated at work, or of an evening. I usually make this of a weekend and freeze – so it is ready to go through the week.
- 300g diced pancetta (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 stalks of celery thinly sliced
- 100g carrots thinly sliced
- 100g chopped green beans
- 4 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon of mixed dry herbs
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 300g of mini pasta pieces
- 1 organic vegetable stock cube
- 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika
1) To a heavy bottomed pan add olive oil, diced pancetta, celery, carrots, green beans, garlic, mixed herbs, paprika and garlic, and fry on a low heat for ten minutes.
2) Add the water, tinned tomatoes, vegetable stock cube, bay leaves and leave to simmer on low for 30 minutes.
3) Add the pasta and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
You can garnish with parmesan, parsley or fresh chilli.
A simple, tasty and nutritious meal that will see you through the week.
What is your favourite soup?