I remember when I was younger, I used to think what the hell is pumpkin pie? Well I thought it sounded disgusting. I didn’t have a clue that it was a sweet dish, and imagined that gravy was poured all over it. YUK!
How wrong I was?
Pureed pumpkin has become something I love so much, and teamed with all spice, nutmeg and cinnamon, well it is just a match made in heaven. I cheated with these little delights, and used ready- made mini-pastry-cases. But the filling is all mine, and the star of the show – and here is the recipe.
Mini Pecan & Pumpkin Pies
- Half a tin of pureed pumpkin
- Tablespoon of cinnamon
- Tablespoon of nutmeg
- Tablespoon of all spice.
- 75g of creme fraiche
- 100g pecans
- 2 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of butter
1) To a bowl add the pureed pumpkin, all spice, cinnamon, nutmeg and creme fraiche – mix together.
2) Add the pumpkin mix to the pastry cases. (This mix filled 10 mini pastry cases).
3) Pop on a baking tray, and put in the oven for 15 minutes on 180oC (gas mark 5).
4) To a pan add the sugar and butter and cook on a low heat until the butter is melted, then add the pecans, coat with the sauce – and take off the heat.
5) Remove the pumpkin pies, wait for 10 minutes till they are cool, and then top with the pecans.
I then add a dollop of creme fraiche and a sprinkling of all spice, and ta-da all done.
These are so perfect with a cuppa, the creaminess of the pumpkin with the sugary crunchy pecans, work together AMAZINGLY.
What are your favourite pumpkin recipes? Do share, I am officially pumpkin mad.