Spicy Stuffed AubergineIngredients:
A handful of grated carrot
1 sliced red onion
5 mushrooms sliced
2 tablespoons of sweetcorn
2 tablespoons of frozen peas
1 tablespoon of paprika
1 tablespoon dried herbs
2 crushed garlic cloves
4 tablespoons of passata
40g of grated cheese
Parsley to garnish
1) Slice the Aubergine in half, long ways, and scoop out the insides. Not fully, as you will want it to be sturdy.
2) Season with salt and pepper and roast on a baking tray on 180oC or gas mark 5 for 15 minutes, turning over half way through.
3) To a non-stick frying pan add the carrot, onion, mushroom, sweetcorn,peas, paprika, garlic, and the aubergine you scooped out, and fry on a low heat for 10 minutes.
3) Add the passata, stir, season, and simmer on low heat for a further 3 minutes.
4) Removed the aubergines from the oven, and spoon the mixture passata vegetable mix evenly between the two hollows.
5) Top with the grated cheese, and grill for 2 minutes. Until the cheese bubbles.
6) Garnish with some paprika and parsley, and tuck in.
You can use any vegetables you have in, add chilli, rice, cous cous, or maybe some cream cheese to the sauce.
For me this is the type of dish I knock up when trying to make use of leftovers.
What is your favourite way to make use of leftovers?