Every week I get asked to cook this in our house, and each week every piece is gone within a couple of hours.
I don’t know why I haven’t shared this recipe earlier, but hey better late than never.
Smoky Paprika Chicken
- A selection of chicken, from thighs, legs and wings. (Marinade will be enough for 12 pieces on average).
- 5 heaped tablespoons of smoked paprika
- 2 lemons
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- A Bunch of thyme
- A bunch of Parsley
- Salt & Pepper
1) To a large bowl add the chicken.
2) Add the juices of 2 lemons, and then throw them in. Add the olive oil, paprika, thyme, parsley, garlic and salt and pepper.
3) Mix all together with 2 large spoons, or your hands.
4) Cover with foil and marinate for at least 2 hours. Overnight is even better.
5) Place the chicken on a large baking tray and cook in the oven on 180oC (gas mark 5) for around 45 minutes.
6) Check after 20 minutes, turning over each piece of chicken.
This chicken delight is just perfect served with homemade coleslaw, potato skins and salad.
A simple, easy and tasty dish that I love to rustle up of a weekend.
The marinade also works really well with salmon and tuna steaks.
What do you think? Will you try making this simple marinade?