This is just Summer all wrapped up in one cheesy and luxurious bite.
Perfect as a show stopper at a BBQ, or taking centre stage at a light dinner party. I love it on crackers, fresh bread or alone with a salad, I promise you won’t be disappointed. The sweetness of the tomatoes, pomegranate and the rich earthy taste of the beetroot, works wonderfully alongside the creaminess of the Feta cheese.
Let’s get cracking.
Baked Feta Cheese With Tomato, Beetroot & Pomegranate Seeds.
- A block of low fat feta cheese
- A vine of cherry tomatoes
- 60g pomegranate seeds
- One fresh Beetroot (peeled)
- A small handful of cress
1) Place the Feta cheese on a baking tray, with the vine of cherry tomatoes, and grill on a medium heat for 7 minutes.
2) Peel the skin off the beetroot, and then peel the inner part, so small thin pieces occur.
3) Take the feta cheese and vine of tomatoes out the oven, and add to a serving dish.
4) Sprinkle the pomegranate seeds, beetroots slices, and cress all over.
This recipe comes in at 12 Smartpoints, and easily serves 3 hungry people, or 6 as a snack. You could also drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil over, the choice is yours.
Do you think you will try?