I like lashing a load of grub in the oven on any days I have off work, and crack on with what ever I need to do – this dish is one of my favourites.
A sauce that takes 10 minutes, and the oven really does the rest for you.
Cheesy Chilli Chicken
Selection of chicken legs, thighs and drumsticks.
Carton of Passatta
Heaped Tablespoon of paprika
2 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
3 Crushed Garlic Cloves
1 Tablespoons of Brown Sugar
2 Bay Leaves
Tablespoon Dried Thyme
Salt & Pepper
1) Place the chicken in 2 glass pyrex dishes, all laying flat and not overlapping.
2) To a pan add all the ingredients listed above (after the chicken) at once to a pan.
3) Simmer on a low heat, for around 15 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
4) Pour the sauce over the chicken in each pyrex dish.
5) Add to an oven 180°C or Gas Mark 4 for around half an hour.
6) After half an hour baste the chicken with the sauce and a spoon, and put back in oven for another 30 minutes.
7) Slice some chilli, parsley and grate some cheese. (Optional). Sprinkle over, and ta da.
The whole pan of sauce is 4 Smart Points, (Weight Watchers) and point the chicken and cheese accordingly.
What is your favourite dish that is really quick in preparing, easy and super tasty?