I like lashing a load of grub in the oven on any days I have off work, and crack on with what ever I need to do – this dish is one of my favourites.
A sauce that takes 10 minutes, and the oven really does the rest for you.
Cheesy Chilli Chicken
- Selection of chicken legs, thighs and drumsticks.
- Carton of Passatta
- Heaped Tablespoon of paprika
- 2 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
- 3 Crushed Garlic Cloves
- 1 Tablespoons of Brown Sugar
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Tablespoon Dried Thyme
- Salt & Pepper
- Red Chilli
- Low-fat Cheese.
1) Place the chicken in 2 glass pyrex dishes, all laying flat and not overlapping.
2) To a pan add all the ingredients listed above (after the chicken) at once to a pan.
3) Simmer on a low heat, for around 15 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
4) Pour the sauce over the chicken in each pyrex dish.
5) Add to an oven 180°C or Gas Mark 4 for around half an hour.
6) After half an hour baste the chicken with the sauce and a spoon, and put back in oven for another 30 minutes.
7) Slice some chilli, parsley and grate some cheese. (Optional). Sprinkle over, and ta da.
The whole pan of sauce is 4 Smart Points, (Weight Watchers) and point the chicken and cheese accordingly.
What is your favourite dish that is really quick in preparing, easy and super tasty?