Mexican food is on another level, the ingredients and spices they use are just on point. I recreated a famous dish that everyone knows, made it low-fat and packed it full of nutritious and tasty ingredients. Please feel free to add meat if you want, but for me it really isn’t needed.
Bean & Vegetable Tacos
Serves 2 people
4 taco shells
Tin of mixed beans
6 pieces of sliced baby corn
2 handfuls of spinach
2 crushed garlic cloves
Tablespoon of Paprika
Tablespoon mixed dried herbs
Teaspoon chilli flakes
Salt & Pepper
Half a tin of chopped tomatoes
60g low fat grated cheese
Half a Avocado
Parsley to garnish
1) Add the mixed beans to a pan with the chopped tomatoes, garlic, turmeric, paprika, chilli flakes,herbs and a teaspoon of salt and pepper, simmer on low for 10 minutes.
2) Add the spinach, and baby corn and cook for a further 2 minutes.
3) Slice half an avocado, and slice a lime in half, and squeeze over the avocado.
4) Load around 3 heaped tablespoons of the bean mix into the 4 tacos, and top with the sliced avocado.
5) Sprinkle cheese, and the chopped parsley all over the tacos – and serve.
The baby corn add a really gorgeous crunch amongst the soft beans and avocado. The lime and parsley adds a fresh and zingy kick to the dish.
It takes around 10 minutes to cook, and for 2 fully loaded tacos on Weight Watchers, it comes in at 10 Smart Points.
Do you think you will try?