I eat porridge every day through the week for my breakfast, it’s quick, low-fat and filling, and I can shovel it in whenever I get a break in work.
So at the weekend I really do love to try different recipes, and well these tasty tortillas are quick, tasty, easy and low-fat.
Spinach and Carrot Tortillas
2 Wholegrain tortilla wraps
A large handful of grated carrot
A large handful of spinach
A small handful of low-fat grated cheese (50g)
5 cherry tomatoes sliced
2 tablespoons of red pesto
1) Place the 2 tortillas on a flat surface and smear a tablespoon of red pesto on each wrap.
2) Sprinkle the carrot, cheese and spinach and add the sliced tomatoes.
3) Place the second wrap on top, and place a plate on top, and press down to secure.
4) Place on a large flat tray, and grill under a medium heat for 3 minutes on each side.
5) The trick is to use 2 spatulas to flip over, it’s like flipping a pancake really. Once you do it once, you get the jist.
6) Remove from grill, and cut into 4 pieces.
7) Serve with extra salad, and some low-fat mayonnaise.
This recipe serves 2 people, and is 7 Smart Points on Weight Watchers.
I wrap up the other half in tinfoil, and bring to work for my breakfast.
Knowing I am waking up to this for breakfast, well It makes Monday mornings a whole lot easier to deal with.